Desktop PCs test 2022 on STERN.de ⭐️ 6 best products in comparison incl. advantages & disadvantages + purchase advice + 1 clear recommendation ▶️ Read it now!
You are watching : best desktop computer for college students
What is a desktop pc ?
Desktop PC is a collective term for stationary computers. The name comes from English. “Desk” means desk and “top” means upper side. Loosely translated, this means “a computer standing on the desk”.
How does a desktop-PC work?
The functionality of a desktop PC is based on the interaction between software and hardware. Hardware includes all physical components of the computer. They calculate data, convert it and send it to the monitor or speakers. Software includes the operating system and all programs installed on the computer. Every computer consists of the following hardware components:
- Graphics card
- Sound card
- Hard drive
- Power supply unit
- Peripherals or mouse and keyboard< /span>
What is the role of the operating system? A computer’s operating system is responsible for managing all processes. It represents the graphical user interface, regulates device and file management and enables communication between the hardware and all software programs. The vast majority of desktop computers work with the Windows operating system from Microsoft. Alternatives are the Apple operating system macOS or the operating system Linux, which is of particular interest to programmers.
The processor is the heart of every computer. It takes on the absolute main load of all computation-intensive tasks. Thus, it plays the most important role in the performance of the computer. The task of the graphics card is to convert image signals and forward them to the monitor. The sound card does the same for audio signals.
During use, the computer repeatedly calculates data that it may need at a later point in time. The main memory is responsible for this. It stores short-term required data in the so-called cache – until the computer is switched off or the cache is emptied manually. Every computer is equipped with a hard drive for the long-term storage of data.
The mainboard is also referred to as a “motherboard” – ie mother board. That’s because it connects all the hardware components together and allows them to communicate with each other. At the same time, it has the most externally accessible connection options.
Where are the connections located? The mainboard has the most connections. In addition to all USB ports, this includes the LAN port and the monitor ports HDMI,
and VGA. Graphics and sound cards are equipped with connections for image and sound transmission, which are usually found on the back of the computer.
The power supply unit provides the computer with power. It is connected to all hardware components via the mainboard. It draws the power it needs from an ordinary socket. To counteract the heat inside the computer – which is mainly caused by the processor and graphics card – and to avoid overheating, most tower PCs are equipped with integrated fans.
The desktop PC is only the processing unit . What is missing for using the computer are input and output devices. Input devices are mouse and keyboard. Output devices include a monitor, speakers or headphones.
What are the benefits of a desktop computer?
Because of the reduced prices and its mobility, more and more people are choosing a laptop – the main competitor of the stationary computer, which cannot be easily transported from A to B. It is important to weigh the decision carefully.
Desktop PCs have a number of advantages that portable notebooks cannot offer. The biggest advantage of the desktop PC is its higher performance compared to a laptop of the same price. If you want to play demanding programs or computer games on your computer, you are usually better off with a desktop PC.
Cheap for the same performance: Because of their design with an integrated display, keyboard and trackpad, laptops are generally more expensive than stationary desktop computers with comparable performance. Anyone who already owns a monitor and needs a powerful computer can save a lot of money by purchasing a desktop PC.
Unlike a laptop, users of a desktop PC do not have to worry about battery life. This enables trouble-free work. An advantage that is often neglected is that the hardware components of a tower PC can be exchanged at will. Technical components such as the graphics card, RAM or hard drive can be changed in just a few simple steps. This is not easily possible with a laptop. The ability to swap out hardware makes the desktop PC future-proof. Its owners can keep it up to date in terms of performance for years without having to buy a new PC.
Anyone who decides on a desktop PC can combine it individually with a monitor of their choice. Notebook users are always tied to the integrated screen. If the color intensity has decreased or if the resolution is no longer up-to-date, the only solution is to buy a new notebook. Another benefit of the desktop is its greater number of connectivity options. Laptops often only have two or three USB ports. It is not uncommon for up to eight USB devices and up to three monitors to be connected to a desktop PC. The biggest disadvantage compared to a laptop is that a desktop PC cannot be used on the go.
- More powerful than laptops
- Cheap for comparable performance
- Not tied to a battery
- Exchangeable hardware
- Monitor can be selected at will
- Large variety of connection options
- Not mobile usable
- Monitor, mouse and keyboard required
Which desktop-PC for which purpose?
Entry-level desktop computers
Um to carry out basic tasks on the computer, a cheap desktop computer from the entry-level segment is sufficient. As a rule, these devices have neither powerful processors nor full-fledged graphics cards. When it comes to storage space, they are kept to a minimum.
Nevertheless, an entry-level PC is perfectly adequate for surfing the Internet, writing e-mails or editing documents in Office programs. If the performance is no longer sufficient over time, you can always install a faster processor or a more powerful graphics card.
(24 Amazon ratings)
Mid-range desktop computer< /strong>
Users with high demands will not be happy with a classic tower PC from the entry-level class. If you want to edit photos, cut videos or play computer games – which are not too graphically demanding – you should look for better equipment. This applies above all to the graphics card, processor and main memory. However, the hardware components mentioned are not up-to-date in mid-range PCs. They often appeared on the market 2 or 3 years ago. This means that mid-range computers still offer significantly better performance than entry-level PCs.
Computers from the mid-range segment usually have a processor with four cores, a full graphics card and 8 gigabytes (GB) of RAM. Many mid-range computers are multimedia PCs that are designed to play videos, images and music. While this does not require high performance, it does require a lot of storage space. Therefore, many mid-range desktop PCs have large hard drives – sometimes several.
2 gigabyte GPU
(554 Amazon ratings)
Gaming PCs for multimedia users and game fans
Current computer games require a computer that provides high performance at all levels. Gaming PCs are mostly found in the upper price range. They offer the latest graphics cards, processors with eight cores and often 16 gigabytes (GB) of RAM. A well-equipped gaming PC is not only suitable for computer games, but also for professional image or video editing and other performance-hungry applications such as CAD programs.
(128 Amazon reviews)
How much does a desktop pc cost?
Desktop PCs have a wide price range. Entry-level models, which are sufficient for surfing the Internet or for simple office work on the computer, are available for lower three-digit amounts. If you want more performance, you should look around in the mid-range.
There are desktop PCs that can handle high-demand applications and games for mid to high three-digit prices. For gamers or professional users who don’t want to make any compromises in terms of performance and equipment, the only option is to buy a high-end PC, which always has four-digit prices. The following costs can be expected:
- Desktop PCs in the lower price range: 250 to 500 euros
- Desktop PCs in the medium price range: 500 to 1,000 euros< /span>
- Desktop PCs in the upper price range: from 1,000 euros upwards
Internet versus specialty shop: Where is it worth buying a desktop PC?
Prospective customers can choose where to buy – online or rather in the PC shop around the corner? Desktop PCs can be found in PC stores, electronics stores and sometimes as limited time offers in supermarkets. If you want to benefit from personal advice as the greatest advantage of local trade, you should visit a specialist shop. The quality of the advice depends on how familiar the advising employee is with tower PCs. Biggest disadvantage: The selection in the local shop is limited.
On the Internet, on the other hand, there are not only almost all currently available models, but also often cheaper prices. Customer reviews can help assess the quality of eligible models.
Desktop PC buying guide: the most important features to look for when buying a desktop PC
All hardware components in a good desktop PC are coordinated with one another. These include:
- Graphics card
- Hard drive
- Optical drive
- Power adapter
- Mini Tower – about 34 centimeters high
- Midi Tower – about 42 centimeters high
- Big Tower – about 59 centimeters high
- Optical Out
- VGA< /li>
- Operating system
- Antivirus software
The processor is the main processing unit of a desktop PC and plays a major role in its performance. If you want to use demanding programs or play current computer games, you need a good processor. How powerful the so-called CPU is depends on the number of its cores and their gigahertz value. For example, an average processor has four cores with a performance of 2 gigahertz.
What is the meaning of the gigahertz value? The gigahertz value indicates the clock speed of the processor. A hertz is one arithmetic operation per second. 3 gigahertz corresponds to up to 3 billion arithmetic operations per second. The more gigahertz a processor has, the faster it can handle computing tasks. Manufacturers increase performance by installing multiple processor cores in a chipset. In this way, the processor can handle several computing tasks in parallel instead of one after the other.
A high-performance processor that is suitable for most areas of application has eight computing cores, each with 2 to 3 gigahertz. If you want even more performance, you will occasionally find processors with twelve cores. The processor market is dominated by two manufacturers – AMD and Intel. A high-end processor from Intel, for example, is the Core i9-10920XE X Series with 12 times 3.5 gigahertz. An equivalent from AMD is the Ryzen 9 3900X with twelve times 3.8 gigahertz.
If you only use your desktop PC to surf the Internet, for playing media or editing documents can confidently ignore the graphics card. A small onboard graphics card, which is integrated directly into the mainboard, is sufficient here. The graphics card is just as important as the processor for performance-hungry programs and computer games. In this case, the computer should be equipped with a full graphics card from AMD or Nvidia.
Mid-range PCs have Nvidia graphics cards from the 900 or 1-000 GTX series or comparable AMD models. High-end PCs are equipped with 3000 series Nvidia RTX or AMD RX graphics cards. An indicator of the performance of the graphics card is its video memory, also known as VRAM. For example, a high-performance graphics card has 10 gigabytes (GB) of graphics memory.
(6,969 Amazon ratings)
In addition to the processor and graphics card, the RAM is the third hardware component which has an impact on the performance of a desktop PC. 8 or 16 gigabytes (GB) of RAM are required for demanding applications. Depending on the motherboard, up to 128 gigabytes (GB) of RAM can be installed in a desktop PC. This is not necessary.
As far as the main memory is concerned, it is not only important to pay attention to the capacity – i.e. the gigahertz value – but also to its version. There is DDR3 and DDR4 RAM. The older DDR3 version is cheaper and mostly found in lower-end tower PCs. DDR4 RAM does affect the price, but it works faster. This is noticeable in the working speed of the computer.
(23,411 Amazon ratings)
The size of the hard disk determines how much data can be permanently stored on a computer. There are hard drives with 128, 256, 512 or 1,000 gigabytes (GB). Not much storage space is required for office applications.
A 128 gigabyte (GB) hard drive is sufficient for standard applications. If you want to store a lot of media – i.e. films, music and photos – on your computer, you can hardly have enough storage space. This also applies to computer games, which often take up more than 10 gigabytes (GB) of storage space.
Hard drives come in two different designs: HDD and SSD. HDD hard drives work mechanically and usually offer more storage space, but are slower due to their mechanical working method. SSD hard drives work digitally and thus allow systems and programs to start in seconds, but usually do not offer that much storage space.
Desktop PCs with two hard drives: Many desktop computers come with two hard drives—a large HDD and a fast SSD. In this way, media and documents can be stored on the HDD. The operating system and all frequently used programs come on the SSD. This enables faster access times.
The housing of a desktop PC is called a tower. In addition to the subjective design factor, the size of the case is particularly important. Its footprint is the same for almost all models – about 19 centimeters wide and 42 to 45 centimeters deep. As far as height is concerned, there is a big difference. There are:
The advantages of a small case are that the computer takes up less space and it is also easier to transport. If you don’t have a lack of space and never have to take your PC with you anywhere, you’ll benefit from a larger tower. Basically, the larger the case, the lower the risk of overheating. In addition, a PC with a large case is easier to upgrade.
There are two options for connecting to the Internet – wired via LAN connection or wireless via WLAN. Almost every desktop PC is equipped with a LAN connection. For a wireless connection to the Internet, the PC needs a WLAN module, which is not integrated in all models. This is not necessary for a stationary computer. The wired LAN connection is considered more stable and interference-free.
Desktop PCs have numerous connection options. These include:
For most users, the Number of USB and HDMI ports matter. A desktop PC should have at least five USB ports. It’s best to have one or two USB ports on the front of the computer for quick access. If you want to connect several monitors to your PC, you should make sure that you have the appropriate number of HDMI connections available. Depending on the monitor, DVI or DisplayPort connections can be used.
Different USB versions: As one of the most important standard interfaces of the computer, the USB -Connector constantly evolving. The most common versions are
2.0, 3.0 and 3.1. Basically, the following applies: The more up-to-date the USB version, the faster the transmission speed and the greater the compatibility with modern USB devices.
Who If you buy a powerful desktop PC, you should pay attention to an effective cooling system. Otherwise, overheating may occur, which may damage the computer’s hardware. So-called boxed fans are installed directly on the processor and graphics card. Third-party air or water cooling is suitable for effective cooling. Well-known manufacturers are, for example, Alpenföhn or Corsair.
Optical data carriers such as CDs, DVDs and Blu-Rays are becoming less and less important. Therefore, many modern desktop PCs do not have an optical drive. If you would like to play your CD or DVD collection on your computer, you should make sure that there is a drive. It is often a drive and burner in one. This means that CDs and DVDs can not only be played, but also duplicated.
Power supply unit
The power supply unit is responsible for supplying power to all hardware components supply. If it doesn’t have enough power, frequent system crashes can occur. Office PCs usually get by with a 250 watt power supply. For a powerful computer, the power supply should be 750 watts or more. If the power supply has more power than necessary, that is to be rated as positive. Otherwise, a new power supply unit may have to be installed when retrofitting a new processor or graphics card.
Most desktop PCs come with supplied with matching accessories. A complete PC system includes a desktop PC and all the accessories required to use the computer. The following are common:
Preinstalled operating system: If you want to use your new desktop PC immediately, you should make sure that the operating system is already preinstalled.
Overview – practical accessories for the gaming-PC
In addition to the essential accessories – mouse, keyboard, monitor and headphones or speakers – there is equipment for more comfort when working on the computer or to expand it usage sides. These include:
Mouse and keyboard
Some desktop PCs already come with a mouse and keyboard. If not, there are countless models to choose from. There are simple and inexpensive models, ergonomically designed mice and keyboards or gaming equipment. With a mouse, freely assignable keys that offer quick access to frequently used functions can be an advantage. Backlighting that allows typing in the dark is an advantage on a keyboard.
Most controls can be connected via USB. Alternatively, there are wireless mice and keyboards that are connected to the computer via Bluetooth or a USB wireless adapter. This allows you to work comfortably without the hassle of cables. The disadvantage: wireless controls have a limited battery life and do not process inputs quite as precisely.
The mechanical keyboard: Most keyboards are so-called rubber dome keyboards . They have a rubber dome under each key that keeps the keys popping up after you press them. Although rubber dome keyboards are quiet, they often cause a spongy typing feel. If you don’t like that, you’d better use a mechanical keyboard. Instead of rubber domes, springs are used here, which ensure a noticeable tactile feedback and increase the precision when typing.
An advantage of the desktop -PCs is the freedom of choice regarding the monitor. There is almost as much to consider here as there is with the computer itself. The most important purchase criteria for a monitor are its resolution and the screen size. Both should be in a reasonable relation to each other. The larger a screen is, the higher its resolution must be so that it can produce sharp images. Computer monitors are available with screen diagonals between 17 and 32 inches (43 to 81 centimeters). A Full HD resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 pixels is sufficient for screens up to 27 inches (68.5 centimeters). For larger monitors, the resolution should be higher – for example WHQD with 2,560 x 1,440 pixels or 4K with 4,096 x 2,160 pixels.
Speakers, headphones or Headset
Almost all desktop PCs rely on external devices for sound playback. Loudspeakers, headsets and headphones can usually be connected to the computer via AUX or USB. Headphones usually offer better sound quality at a lower cost compared to speakers. The advantage of a headset is that it combines a microphone and headphones. If you don’t want to rely solely on headphones, you should also buy PC speakers.
WLAN and Bluetooth
Most desktop PCs do not have wireless connectivity. If you still want to connect to the Internet via WLAN or exchange data wirelessly via Bluetooth, you have the option of retrofitting. There are WLAN and Bluetooth modules that can be integrated into the PC, or alternatively USB sticks that can be connected to the PC from the outside and give it the wireless connection option mentioned.
Digital communication is playing an increasingly important role in many people’s everyday lives. Programs such as Skype or Discord make it possible to make free telephone calls worldwide via the Internet. If you not only want to hear your conversation partner, but also see them, you need a webcam. The key here is resolution. An HD webcam is sufficient for occasional use. There are 2K or 4K webcams for better image quality.
Streaming webcams: If you want to offer your streaming viewers the best possible image quality, you should not only pay attention to the resolution, but also to the frame rate. It is given in Hertz and indicates how many frames per second the camera takes. One Hertz equals one frame per second. For smooth video transmission, the frame rate should be at least 60 Hertz.
Printers and Scanners
If the computer is required for work purposes, it can be worth buying a printer and scanner. Many modern devices combine both in one and print not only documents but also photos.
External storage media
Inexpensive desktop PCs often do not have much storage space , in order to be able to assemble it extensively. This does not have to be an exclusion criterion. Storage media such as external hard drives or USB sticks make it easier to expand the storage capacity without having to install a new hard drive.
External drives p>
Most modern computers do not have optical drives. To upgrade a drive, the PC must be opened, which will void the warranty. External drives can help here.
There is a wide range of accessories for an intensive gaming experience. If you don’t like playing with a mouse and keyboard, you can buy a Gamepad for the PC. Depending on the game, joysticks and steering wheels allow intuitive control. If you want to delve deep into the virtual world, get VR glasses.
5 tips for cleaning and maintaining desktop PCs
The most important aspects for cleaning and maintaining a desktop PC:
- < b>Avoid heat build-up: Heat build-up is one of the most common causes of PC problems. It can lead to frequent crashes and, in the worst case, damage the hardware. It is important that the interior is regularly cleaned of dust. In addition, there should be enough space around the computer so that warm air can escape quickly and cool air can circulate well. A desktop PC should therefore not be placed in a cupboard or directly against a wall, because these computers do not save space compared to other models.
- Regular cleaning: Collects by the fans A lot of dust accumulates inside a desktop computer, which has to be removed regularly – depending on use, about once a year. To do this, open the side cover of the housing. As a rule, a few screws have to be loosened for this. The best way to remove the dust is with a compressed air spray. Alternatively, a small vacuum cleaner or a brush is suitable. It is important to ground yourself on a radiator beforehand. Otherwise, short circuits can occur when touching the hardware.
- Upgrade correctly: In order to keep your desktop PC up-to-date in terms of performance, the graphics card, processor and main memory can be replaced. All other components can also be changed. Since they do not play a major role in the performance of the PC, this is usually only necessary in the event of a defect. It is important to ensure that the new hardware components are compatible before you buy them. Here it depends on which interfaces the mainboard has. If in doubt, a look at the manual for the computer or mainboard will help. Alternatively, you can use the “dxdiag” command in the Windows search bar to see what the mainboard is called. All information on compatibility can be found online via the name.
- Overclock hardware: The clock frequency of the processor can be increased by so-called overclocking. This improves its computing power. The disadvantage: the risk of a defect increases. At the same time, this will void the processor’s warranty. That’s why overclocking should only be an option for professionals. It is better to look for a processor with sufficient performance when buying a desktop PC.
- Regular updates: Regular updates of the to perform the operating system. If there is an Internet connection, Windows automatically informs you about upcoming updates and regularly reminds you to carry them out. Users should not ignore this. If too much time passes, the operating system may no longer run properly and must be reinstalled.
Get the guarantee: Most manufacturers offer a two-year warranty on their desktop PCs. Important to know: This expires when you open the computer. To keep the guarantee, the first opening should be delayed as long as possible.
FAQ – frequently asked questions about desktop PCs
The following section answers a number of questions commonly asked about desktop PCs.
How much does a high-end PC cost?
A high-end PC is a computer that is state-of-the-art in terms of performance and features. Such a device can incur low to mid four-digit amounts. This is rarely necessary. For the requirements of most users – whether in gaming or at work – a high-end PC has hardly any advantages compared to a middle-class model.
How much does a gaming chair cost?
A gaming chair is an ergonomic and highly adjustable office chair. Mostly designed in eye-catching and colorful designs and often based on car sports seats. Depending on the manufacturer, material and size, the costs vary between higher two-digit and four-digit amounts.
Which is the best gaming PC
From a performance point of view, the best gaming PC that in which all hardware components correspond to the currently highest technical standards. This does not mean that such a PC is best suited for every user. Anyone who does not fully exploit the performance invests more money in such a device than necessary. The best desktop PC is only for the individual.
Where can can I see what devices are connected to my computer?
Windows makes it easy to see connected devices. To do this, click on “Settings” and then on the “Device Manager” tab. In Device Manager there is an option to “Show Devices”. The computer lists all devices that have ever been connected to it and flags the devices that are currently connected.
What is a PCI connector?
PCI stands for “Peripheral Component Interconnect”. This is an interface on the mainboard that is used to connect to expansion cards such as graphics cards, sound cards or WLAN cards.
Is there a desktop computer test with a test winner from Stiftung Warentest?
Is there a desktop computer test with a test winner from Stiftung Warentest?
Stiftung Warentest has not yet published a desktop PC test with a test winner. But the consumer magazine carries out an extensive laptop test that is updated at regular intervals. If you are interested you can find the test report here for a small fee. If Stiftung Warentest publishes a desktop computer test, this guide will be updated accordingly.
Is there a desktop-PC test with a comparative winner by Öko Test?
To date, Öko Test has also not carried out a desktop PC test with test marks and test winners. Should this fact change, this guide will be updated accordingly.
AUX is an analog audio connection for speakers, headphones and headsets as well as microphones. The interface is often referred to as a 3.5 millimeter jack connection.
Bluetooth is a Radio standard for wireless data transmission over short distances. A desktop PC can, for example, exchange data with a smartphone via Bluetooth or connect to wireless headphones. Radio technology is constantly being developed. The latest Bluetooth version is 5.0. It offers fast data transfer and a range of up to 100 meters.
The DisplayPort is a monitor connection that transmits image signals with up to 7,690 x 4,320 pixels.
DVI is a monitor connection that transmits image signals with up to 2,560 x 1,600 pixels.
The LAN connection is the interface for the wired Internet connection.
HDMI is a multifunctional interface for audio and video connections. It can be used for the connection between monitor and graphics card as well as audio devices and mainboard and transmits image signals with up to 7,680 x 4,320 pixels.
PS/2 is an outdated connector for mouse and keyboard that can still be found in some office PCs.
SSD -Hard drive
The SSD hard drive is the successor to the mechanical HDD hard drive. Due to its digital mode of operation, it achieves significantly faster transmission speeds. This means that SSDs enable a system start in seconds and shorter loading times.
Streaming generally refers to sending and receiving of data via a continuous flow of data. There are two types of streaming: playing videos on the Internet or video transmission via webcam that can be accessed by any Internet user. This also works with music.
USB is a multifunctional interface for data transmission and power supply of external devices – for example for mice, keyboards, gamepads, external hard drives and drives or USB sticks.
VGA is a monitor connection that transmits image signals with up to 1,024 x 768 pixels.
See more information related to the topic best desktop computer for college students
Best Laptops for Students – 2020 Ultimate Guide
- Author: Just Josh
- Post date: 2020-07-29
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 1245 ratings )
- Match search results: My ultimate guide on what you should be looking for in a laptop for university. I give my recommendations for most students, plus specific recommendations for programming students, film students, photography students, and those who want to do some gaming and streaming on the side.
Ask Questions/Early View Videos @ Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/justjoshtech
Follow @ Twitter: https://twitter.com/JustJoshTech
Join @ Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/MHrS4wG
– Asus Zenbook 14: https://amzn.to/2Dl0rSL
Ideapad 5 15: http://lenovo.vzew.net/vBbDv
– X1 Carbon 7th Gen: http://lenovo.vzew.net/keb4L
– HP Spectre x360: https://amzn.to/39GtfS6
– Macbook Pro 13: https://amzn.to/3hQYo8d – I recommend the 10th gen model
– HP Envy 15: https://amzn.to/3hT2TPH
– HP Omen 15 AMD: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-gaming-15-6-laptop-amd-ryzen-7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-1tb-ssd-mica-silver/6407752.p?skuId=6407752
– Razer Blade 15 Advanced: https://amzn.to/3gqh6CJ
– Aero 15 OLED: https://amzn.to/2Azr8Cs
– XPS 9500: https://amzn.to/2YZhKBu
– Macbook Pro 16: https://amzn.to/2AzyOoe
How to Test Your NEW Laptop – https://youtu.be/oqbyogMSs18
Laptops & Setup I Use:
Casual Laptop – Dell XPS 9310: https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/new-xps-13-laptop/spd/xps-13-9310-laptop
Video Editing Laptop – Macbook Pro 16: https://amzn.to/3rCtTII
Gaming Laptop – HP Omen (HP Store Configurable): https://www.awin1.com/cread.php?awinmid=7168&awinaffid=762031&ued=https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/omen-laptop-15t-ek100-28n35av-1
Programming Laptop – Aero 17 HDR: https://amzn.to/3xQmvvV
Youtube Gear I Use:
Camera 1: https://amzn.to/3oMDLhB
Camera 2: https://amzn.to/35TqfQH
Main Lens: https://amzn.to/380FKsB
Thumbnail Lens: https://amzn.to/381u8G0
Vlog Lens: https://amzn.to/37Xr39T
Key Light: https://amzn.to/2ETUNEG
Shotgun Mic: https://amzn.to/30wa9aR
Lav Mic: https://amzn.to/2QlQhYq
Wireless Mic: https://amzn.to/2E4jq4t
Backup Drive: https://amzn.to/2L9NSuG
My Watch: https://amzn.to/2TzK0HA
As an Amazon, Lenovo, Best Buy, and HP Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
StudentLaptop LaptopReview BestLaptop
Best HP Desktop Computers for College Students
- Author: www.hp.com
- Ratings: 5 ⭐ ( 6457 ratings )
- Match search results: From virtual schoolwork to gaming, the best HP desktop computers for college students offer a wide range of perks and features to help get the job done.
Best student computer in 2022
- Author: www.tomsguide.com
- Ratings: 5 ⭐ ( 8838 ratings )
- Match search results: From dorm-ready desktops to slick all-in-ones for art and photography students, these are the best student computers.
Best computers for college students: desktop PCs, iMacs and more for studying
- Author: www.techradar.com
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 7416 ratings )
- Match search results: The best desktop PCs for college students are powerful, space-saving, and best of all, affordable. Here are our top picks below.
10 Best School Desktop Computers (2019)
- Author: heavy.com
- Ratings: 3 ⭐ ( 9782 ratings )
- Match search results: Find the school desktop computer for you. These PCs offer college and high-school students the best value for their studying needs, video editing, and gaming specs.
The Best Desktop Computers for College Students
- Author: uk.pcmag.com
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 6573 ratings )
- Match search results: Product Maingear X-Cube Z170 Acer Revo One (RL85-UR45) Apple Mac mini Asus VivoMini VC65-G042Z InFocus Kangaroo Mobile Desktop Shuttle XPC Nano Apple iMac 21.5-Inch With 4K Retina Display (… Intel Compute Stick (2016) Acer Aspire AZ3-710-UR54 HP 20-c010 Lowest Price See it $899.00 MSRP See it $249.99 MSRP See it $499.00 MSRP See it $409.00 MSRP See it $99.00 MSRP See it $279.00 MSRP See it $1499.00 MSRP See it $159.00 MSRP See it $899.99 MSRP See it $299.00 MSRP Editors’ Rating Type Gaming Mainstream, Multimedia, Digital Entertainment System, Mini Desktop PC Mainstream, Value, Mini Desktop PC Value, Digital Entertainment System Mini Desktop PC Multimedia, Value, Digital Entertainment System, Mini Desktop PC All-in-one Business, Value, Digital Entertainment System, Mini Desktop PC All-in-one All-in-one Processor Name Intel Core i7-6700K Intel Core i5-5200U Intel Core i5-4260U Intel Core i5-6400T Intel Atom x5-Z8500 Intel Celeron 3205U Intel Core i5-5675R Intel Atom x5-Z8300 Intel Core i5-4590T Intel Celeron J3060 Processor Speed 4.0 GHz 2.2 GHz 1.4 GHz 2.2 GHz 1.44 GHz 1.5 GHz 3.1 GHz 1.44 GHz 2 GHz 1.6 GHz RAM (as Tested) 16 GB 8 GB 3.01 GB 8 GB 2 GB 2 GB 8 GB 2 GB 8 GB 4 GB Storage Capacity (as Tested) 400 GB 1000 GB 500 GB 1000 GB 32 GB 32 GB 1 TB 32 GB 1 TB 1 TB Graphics Card Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Intel HD Graphics 5500 Intel HD Graphics 5000 Intel HD Graphics 520 Intel HD Graphics Intel HD Graphics Intel Iris Pro 6200 Intel HD Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4600 Intel HD Graphics Primary Optical Drive Dual-Layer DVD+/-RW External External External External External External External DVD+/-RW (Plus Minus) DVD+RW (Plus) Monitor Type None None None None None None LED Widescreen None LCD Widescreen LCD Touch Screen No No No No No No No No Yes No Screen Size N/A inches N/A inches N/A inches N/A inches N/A inches N/A inches 21.5 inches N/A inches 23.8 inches 19.5 inches Operating System Windows 10 Windows 8.1 Mac OS X Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows 10 Mac OS X Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows 10 Read Review Maingear X-Cube Z170 Review Acer Revo One (RL85-UR45) Review Apple Mac mini Review Asus VivoMini VC65-G042Z Review InFocus Kangaroo Mobile Desktop Review Shuttle XPC Nano Review Apple iMac 21.5-Inch With 4K Retina Display (2015) Review Intel Compute Stick (2016) Review Acer Aspire AZ3-710-UR54 Review HP 20-c010 Review
Best Desktops For Students To Buy In 2022
- Author: www.technobezz.com
- Ratings: 3 ⭐ ( 9357 ratings )
- Match search results:
Summary – You’re back to school and looking for a reasonably priced desktop. Though laptops are quite convenient, desktops are an ideal choice for students, as they offer more
See more articles in this category: Review